School Lunch & Breakfast Program Information
Parents/guardians must notify the school nurse regarding their child’s food allergies. Any special request in the preparation of a child’s food should be mentioned to the cafeteria manager at that specific school. Again, this is an extremely important issue that must be addressed for safety precautions.
Kindergarten students are NOT eligible for free or reduced snacks.
They must pay for snacks for the week or bring it from home.
The snack will consist of an 8 oz. Milk or juice and snack of the day.
The cost is $ .75 per day, $ 3.75 per week.
Snack money should be handed – in on Mondays during ticket sales.
Please keep separate from lunch money, we ask that you please mark your child’s name, classroom and deposit the money in a separate envelope.
If your child is absent, the child can hand – in snack money the following day.
If a parent / guardian wish to pay by check, please make check payable to: The Agawam School Lunch Department
Again, kindergarten students are ONLY eligible for Free or Reduce Lunches and he or she will obtain an application on the first day of school.
The goal of the school breakfast and lunch program is to provide healthy meals for all students each day. The Agawam Public Schools will not deny students a meal. Students may receive an alternative meal and milk option should the cost of the meal not be accounted for in accordance with this policy. Free and Reduced Applications are always available throughout the year to help families in need.
School Committee Policy File: JQ - 1
The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or any other program conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
Our department sells approximately 2,800 student lunches per day. It is my responsibility to keep lunch prices as affordable as possible for the students and parents/guardians of Agawam especially during tough economic times.
· Menus are posted monthly at www.agawampublicschools.org 1) click on your school 2) click on lunch menu 3) click on the month. Please note: Menus will be distributed in the month of September “only” to Elementary and Middle Schools students. We also post the menus locally and if a student needs a copy, please request it with a Cafeteria staff member.
· Lunch prices are $2.70 per lunch at the Elementary and Middle Schools ($13.50 per week) and $ 2.95 per lunch at the Junior High and Senior High Schools ($14.75 per week).
· Ala carte milk cost $.40 cents per carton grades (K-8) and $.50 cents per container grades (9-12).
· Kindergarten snacks cost $.75 cents per day, $3.75 per week.
· The School Lunch Department offers fresh baked, reduced fat, Otis Spunkmeyer Cookie Trays (K – 4) delivered to your child’s class for their birthday or any other Special Event. Please contact your school for more information.