School Mission Statement
"The Agawam High School community strives to provide a safe, diverse, and advanced learning environment for all students. We offer challenging learning opportunities and extensive extracurricular activities which encourage our students to become productive, respectful, and responsible citizens."
Our Learning Expectations:
Agawam High School students will be able to:
1. listen and read for understanding.
2. speak and write to communicate effectively.
3. research information using appropriate methods.
4. use critical thinking skills to solve problems.
5. use technology competently.
Social and Civic Expectations
Agawam High School students will demonstrate:
1. universal respect.
2. integrity and honesty.
3. compassion and understanding.
4. behaviors that reflect accountability, reliability and trustworthiness.
5. active citizenship in the community.
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Click the logo to view our school's information. Please Note: clicking on this link will take you out of the Agawam High School website.
Officials of Agawam High School were notified today that the Commission on Public Schools of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges has voted to continue Agawam High School’s Accreditation in the Association.
The Commission’s decision was based upon review of an evaluation report prepared by a visiting team in October. Thomas Schnepp, Principal of Agawam High School, stated, “We feel that the Commission’s decision confirms the results of the extensive self-study which our faculty and administrators conducted for 12 months. We are convinced that the findings of our self-study, coupled with recommendations of the Committee on Public Secondary Schools visiting team, will assist us in developing priorities for further improvements in the school.
The professional staff and administrators will now begin a follow-up program to review the self-study findings and the visiting team report to establish the order in which recommendations will be carried out. Ongoing progress reports will be shared with the Committee on Public Secondary Schools to indicate the changes we’ve made to improve our school.
Much appreciation and many thanks are extended to all Agawam High School’s community members who played a vital role in this collaborative process.”
- NEASC Decennial Report of the Visiting Team
- List of NEASC Commendations
- List of NEASC Recommendations
- Accreditation Decision
- Receipt of NEASC Decennial Report
- Selection of NEASC Steering Committee and Standards Committee Members
- Seeking Community Participation During NEASC Self-Study
- Educators Attend Preparatory Accreditation Seminar
- Completion of NEASC Self Study
- Pending Accreditation Visit