School Mission Statement
"The Agawam High School community strives to provide a safe, diverse, and advanced learning environment for all students. We offer challenging learning opportunities and extensive extracurricular activities which encourage our students to become productive, respectful, and responsible citizens."
Our Learning Expectations:
Agawam High School students will be able to:
1. listen and read for understanding.
2. speak and write to communicate effectively.
3. research information using appropriate methods.
4. use critical thinking skills to solve problems.
5. use technology competently.
Social and Civic Expectations
Agawam High School students will demonstrate:
1. universal respect.
2. integrity and honesty.
3. compassion and understanding.
4. behaviors that reflect accountability, reliability and trustworthiness.
5. active citizenship in the community.
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Click the logo to view our school's information. Please Note: clicking on this link will take you out of the Agawam High School website.
In order to provide additional time for AHS faculty to participate in a yearlong self-study in preparation for a Fall 2019 NEASC visit, the following schedule changes were approved:
- September 21 - delayed student opening @9:59
- October 26 - early student release @10:50 (because there is a College Fair in the a.m.)
- February 1 - delayed student opening @10:50
- March 15 - delayed student opening @10:50
- April 12 - delayed student opening @10:50
- Selection of NEASC Steering Committee and Standards Committee Members
- Seeking Community Participation During NEASC Self-Study