Our mission is to offer students resources for career development. Through career exploration, job shadowing, internships, community service activities, and employment, students will gain a more thorough understanding of their interests, abilities, values, skills and strengths. Resume writing, job application and interview support is also available.
Lisa (Sgueglia) Sheehan, Career Center Coordinator
Telephone 413-786-0861 Fax 413-821-0536
- Career OneStop
- your source for career exploration, training & jobs
- Mass CIS
- career information system
- figure out what's next
- Exploring Occupations
- online library
- Find Your Strengths
- online assessmenet
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- Personality Test
- Anyone who is interested in a career in emergency services can fill out an application in the career center for the Agawam Fire Junior Program. Applications due the 18th of March. Please see Ms. Sheehan with any questions.
- The Professional Care Academy on Main Street in Agawam is offering classes to anyone 17 years or older to become a certified nurse’s aide. Classes are available evenings and weekends. Please see Ms. Sheehan in the Career Center for more information.
Available to Juniors and Seniors that have completed the Career Exploration Course
INTERNSHIP is an unpaid learning experience at the workplace where structured learning and career assessment occurs. Students participate during or after school. They receive credit for their participation. Businesses benefit through cultivation of future employees, developing mentoring skills and offering career exploration. This is a great opportunity to teach enthusiastic students about your industry.
Students are allowed up to Five excused absences a year to explore career options
Job Shadowing is an experience that enables students to observe a community member or mentor as they go about their daily work activities. The purpose of job shadowing is to observe an employee in the career field of the youth’s interest in order to learn about the business, industry or profession. Job shadowing is a great way to connect schools and businesses, introducing students to a work environment in a way that will help them understand a career choice more thoroughly, as well as allow them to see the opportunities available to them.
Part Time Job Opportunities
The Career Center is a valuable resource for your hiring needs. We offer a Job Board where we post part-time positions and have a Student Profile which is filled out by the student and faxed to the business. Businesses may then contact students directly. Please contact me via email or phone. My direct line is (413) 786-0861 and my email address is email@example.com.
Students should look at job board located outside of the career center for any open positions. All contact information is posted on each flyer. See Ms. Sheehan in the Career Center for any additional questions.